Big Freedia is organizing a giant flash mob to show up at Union Square at noon today to set the Guinness world record for the most people simultaneously twerking…ever!
Don’t think you’re going to just show up and half-ass it (pun intended) though. There are rules to twerking and you better follow them.
- Body must remain upright, with movement concentrated in hips
- Participants can put hands on knees or hips for support
- Twerking action cannot come from knees. Hips only!
- Freestyling or additional choreography not permitted. No hands on the ground, feet in the air, twirling, etc.
- Twerking action must be synchronized, can be at own pace
- All participants must twerk simultaneously for TWO MINUTES when Big Freedia gives the signal
- Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire TWO MINUTES will be deducted from the final total
Got it? Bring your best twerk moves, and we’ll see you in Herald Square!
I was planning on being there but thankfully I doublechecked first and realized, I don’t got it.